Ingredients for 8 Servings:
· 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
· 1/2 cup chopped onion
· 2 large tomatoes (or 2 cups canned, unsalted tomatoes)
· 4 cups canned unsalted kidney beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 cup chopped celery
· 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder or to taste
· Water, as desired
· 2 tablespoons cornmeal
· Aji Charapita peppers, chopped as per your taste or Paste
· Shredded cheese
In a soup pot, add the ground beef and onion. Over medium heat saute until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain well.
Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, celery and chili powder to the ground beef mixture. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Uncover and add water to desired consistency. Stir in cornmeal. Cook at least 10 minutes more to allow the flavors to blend.
Ladle into warmed bowls and garnish with Charapita peppers and Shredded Cheese. Serve immediately.