Receipe by: Vertiponic (http://vertiponic.com)
To celebrate our biggest Aji Charapita harvest so far, we present to you our most classic peruvian dish, the Ceviche with Aji Charapita. It makes the finest appetizer to heat up the festive season.
What do we need for 2 Servings: 7 Fresh Aji Charapita
250 g Raw white fish (we used mackerel)
200 g Pineapple (Fresh or canned)
½ Red onion
1 Green onion
Sunflower or olive oil
How we prepare:
1) Dice the fish and cover it with cold water in a large bowl. Add salt, cover and refrigerate. Meanwhile, squeeze 1/2 cup of lime juice and mince 1/4 of red onion.
2) Rinse the fish and drain the bowl well. Put 1 Fresh Aji Charapita in the bowl and crush it with the back of a fork. Once the juice is squeezed out use a knife to chop it in a few pieces. Try to keep some of the lost juicy flavor by mixing the fish with the fork and the knife when you are done. CAUTION WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER TOUCHING THE PEPPER AND AVOID EYES CONTACT.
30 Add the minced onion, lime juice and salt to the fish. Cover and refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes. This is how the fish will "cook". Meanwhile, make the sauce and prepare the other ingredients. The fish mix can also sit in the refrigerator overnight and be served with the other ingredients the next day.
4) Put 3 Aji Charapita and the 4 chilis in boiling water for 3-4 minutes to get them bleached.
5) In a medium bowl, put the pineapple, 1 diced mango, the 3 bleached Charapita, the 4 chilis, the chopped green onion, salt and a net of oil.
6) Blend all ingredients together with a hand mixer. If needed, add a few teaspoons of water to achieve a smooth texture.
7) Serve with: Sweet potato chips
Heart of palm pieces
1 Ground cherry
#Charapita #CanYouTakeTheHeat #chililover #chilisauce #hotsauces #piccante #spicysauce, #hotsaucelover #hotsauceaddict #lovechili #peruvianfood #peruanosenmiami #gastronomiaperuana #comidaperuana #vietnamfood #vietnamesepepper #Aji #peruvianchili #vietnamchili #encurtidodecharapita #ajícharapita #vinagredecharapita #ớttiêu